Can I fight Insomnia?
Insomnia, which is sleepless hours or nights, is the most destructive disorders most of us facing ones or many times. When insomnia hits you on a regular basis, you will have to deal with the following possibilities:
- You do not get asleep right when you get to bed
- Instead, you lay down, turn your body to the left and to the right side, however, sleep doesn’t occur
- Even you manage to fall asleep, you frequently wake up for no particular reason, and start all over again
- Instead of having sleep until morning comes, you wake up long before and without completing your sleep cycle. Once you are awaken, you can’t get back to sleep again.
Possible reasons for Insomnia to consider:
Statistical study of insomnia has reported that the main reason why anyone becoming affected by this disorder is either stress or depression. The next day in the morning becomes even worse than the actual insomnia that was experienced during the sleepless night. You do not have regular clarity in your mind you would love to have. You would tired all day.
Fortunately, other than those symptoms shown above, there is nothing to actually worry about the incidents of insomnia. The following tips maybe applied to concur this insomnia episodes in the future and to make your next day morning a fresh and beautiful one, both physically and mentally.
- Try to avoid a large meal late in the evening. Remember that a large amount of food requires a between 3 to 4 hours to digest in your stomach.
- It is also recommended before going to the bed, to avoid spicy food, as well as food containing sugar, such as chocolates. Most definitely, your sleep might be affected by the content of caffeine stored in chocolate.
- Instead, before going to bed eat single banana, a piece of chicken, or a small slice of turkey. These particular food contains amino acids, which our body converts into serotonin, which induces sleep. From another hand, do not consume to much of these food, which could deprive your sleep.
- You should not take coffee within 3 hours of your scheduled bedtime. Impact of caffeine might deprive your sleep regardless of your affinity to the caffeine. You should also refrain yourself from smoking a cigarette within 3 hours of your bedtime due to the nicotine content in cigarette, which might prevent you from falling asleep and cause insomnia.
When you exercise any those suggestions, you would get a good night sleep by fighting insomnia, and you will get up fresh and restful when the morning comes.
Several tips to fight insomnia:
- Relax before your bedtime by going for a walk, reading newspaper, or just do something that isn’t tense.
- Use earplugs if your bedroom is noisy.
- Check medication you normally take and see if they are not nervous system stimulants.
- This is highly important: your bedroom must be well ventilated and the temperature must be cool but not cold.
- Check your mattress: it should be firm and soft, but not sagging.
- If you wear any night clothe, make sure it is comfortable and not too tight.
- Try to refrain yourself from even short naps during the day.
- Do not do any physical exercise within 3 hours of your regular bedtime, however, exercise regularly, which will tire you out and help you to fall asleep.
- Do not watch TV or read before going to sleep if it has stressful content.
- Make sure to schedule your bedtime and morning awakening as regular as possible just to improve your sleeping routine.
- Remember: glass of warm milk with teaspoon of honey before your bedtime helps to have a healthy sleep. The same is advisable for an apple before going to bed. In fact, an apple will become your sleeping trigger within a week or so.
- If you have a habit to take a bath in the evening, try to relax in it before going to bed.
- If you like listening to your favorite music then select most relaxing one and listen to it before going to bed.
- Please do not be discouraged by the fact that you snore during the night. Usually, you fall asleep as soon as you start snoring, However, if snoring persist and breaks your sleep or prevent you from falling asleep, please see a doctor.
Watch video: Why fight insomnia when you can use it to your advantage
It’s here, the solution to your insomnia. You will be surprised by how easy it is to get good sleep. Insomnia will soon be a thing of the past.