If you are struggling to get a good night sleep, don’t worry: you can improve the quality of your sleep by making a few simple changes. Here are some tips to improve your sleep environment:
- Invest in a mattress that will allow sleep in an anatomically neutral position – correct posture has huge benefits for your health both during sleep and in life
- Make sure the room is at the right temperature – you will have better chance of staying asleep if you are comfortable and not too hot or cold during the night
- Ensure the room is very dark – light can trick your body into awakening
- If outside noise is to laud, purchase a pair of earplugs – noise can be quite disturbing whether you are awake and when you are asleep
- Make your bedroom as primary place for sleep and not for working, playing games or watching TV. By using your bed only for sleeping, you will train your brain and body to relax and go a natural and healthy sleep pattern.
By Wenatex Australia
(produced with small corrections)
Watch Video: Tips for better sleep – How to get a good nights sleep
If stress is keeping you awake at night, here are some simple tips to help you relax and get better sleep, courtesy of family and lifestyle correspondent Ylonda Caviness.