Many people are totally careless when it comes to their own sleep and time they spend sleeping. All that it counts is the amount of time you need for a night sleep in comparison to what you actually spent sleeping. The only mechanism, which is responsible for the decision on how long you need to sleep, is your immune system. As far as immune system is concerned, there are many ways to improve it and a common opinion among sleep professional that the most important thing in your normal life is busting your immune system by an adequate amount of sleep.
They also suggest that in spite of the fact that you won’t be able to store up sleep, you can still catch up its deficiency. Apparently, two catch-ups per week is better than one.
“Well, when do I get two catch-ups per week?” How about Wednesdays and Sundays? Wednesday morning or evening and Sunday morning?
“Wednesdays is a very busy day for me. I need to be at the office at 7am!” Do you really need to be there at 7 a.m.? I’m sure if you were to spare an extra hour of sleep one morning in the middle of the week, you would be more effective for the rest of the week and your immune system can get a real boost.
Think about it.
Let ‘s concentrate on the real sleep magic:
Several points to remember:
- If you think that sleep is the waist of time then what do you thing when you can’t get enough of it. And then sleep, all of a sudden, becomes a very important bodily function. Do you remember time when you slept about an hour for the whole night, then you know what it means!
- So what’s the secret to fall asleep fast? Some people have a very natural sleep habit. They can close their eyes and within minutes the sound of snoring will tell you that they are asleep. All we need to do is to duplicate this kind of ability to fall asleep fast.
- Let’s analyze what it is those people do so we can mimic it. Majority of people who fall asleep fast do not pay any attention to what they actually do to fall asleep fast. They just do! In fact, they go to bed, they sleep, they get up in the morning fully rested, and they are ready for another day. However, if we examine their every step of the way, we will be able to see a very obvious pattern. There are many things that they do, and, there are things that they don’t do, which makes the magic of sleep so simple for them.
Our next step will be to see if there is any rules and systems behind those people. Here is what tghey are:
- Stop any physical activity at least an hour prior to your bedtime
- Do not consume coffee, tea, alcohol, food, and even water for a couple of hours before bedtime
- Do sports every second day if you can
- Enjoy 7 hours of sleep every day
- Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time every day.