Seep Over with someone at some place just to spend the night sleeping at someone else’s home.
- Typically said by teenagers or younger children who spend the night with a friend
- “Mom, can I sleep over with Tony?” or ” Can I sleep over at Tony’s house?”
- To stay the night in someone else’s home: “If you don’t want to drive home this late at night, you’re welcome to sleep over”
- Stay overnigh: “The boy’s friends were allowed to sleep over after the birthday party”
- A sleepover, also known as a pajama party or a slumber party (or less commonly, a snoozer), is a party where a guest or guests are invited to stay overnight. They are most frequently combined with a birthday party or other special occasion.
Sleep Over Activities
Typical participant activities include
- staying up late
- playing until falling asleep, which sometimes never happens for a few high energy guests.
Sleepovers are usually held at one participant’s house, with other guests sometimes bringing their bedtime things, such as pillows or sleeping bags
Common activities include:
- playing board games
- playing video games
- having pillow fights
- watching movies
- ordering pizza
- eating sweets
- playing party games
- building forts out of pillows and blankets
- for girls, having a “spa night”, in which girls polish their nails and toes and put on face masks
Sleepovers are practiced by both girls and boys
- Sometimes, sleepovers can have a theme, like dressing up as a favorite book character or a Christmas or Halloween sleepover.
What are the reason for adults to sleep over?
- affair function
- lodge occasion
- social function
- social occasion
See a few examples:
- someone becomes very tired or too drunk to leave the he or she went to take part in (and might never be invited again),
- out of town relatives (you can’t wait until they leave)
- your in-laws who came to see your family and it is too late for them to go home
- relatives and friends who came to visit you from other cities, states, provinces, or countries (you wonder why wouldn’t they stay at the hotel nearby?!)
- you (and your family members have a trip to your friends and relatives at a distance far from you present location; and you do’t want to spend money on the hotel accomodation
- other reasons